Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dinner for six.

Last evening I cooked dinner for the family I live with and three guests.
Josh, my host/landlord/best friend, and I decided shortly after my arrival in his house that we were going to start grilling using wood instead of charcoal.
So last night while he was rebuilding a bannister I made pork chops.

First, I let them soak in maple syrup with a little bit of pepper and sea salt for about eight hours (the plan was to soak them over-night, but we forgot to buy syrup). While they were soaking, I diced several potatoes and seasoned them with pepper and sea salt and wrapped them in foil with a quarter pound of unsalted butter and put them on the grill. While the potatoes cooked, I wrapped each of the pork chops in three strips of thick sliced bacon (except the big ones, I had to use four for them); I then put the maple syrup/s&p mixture in a bowl and put them all on the grill to smoke.


When there was enough room on the grill I added some asparagus that I had brushed with an olive oil/sea salt mixture on the fire.

And this is the final product.



And since they were all over to watch the season premier of Doctor Who, Megan, Josh's wife, made Dalek brownies for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment