Sunday, November 13, 2011

Third String

Left: Mamiya ZE-2 Quartz, c1980; Mamiya/Sekor 500DTL, c1968

The following photos were taken using the Mamiya/Sekor 500DTL, using an original Mamiya/Sekor 50mm 1:2 lens, and a Tamron Adaptall 80-210mm 1:3.8 tele/macro lens, and the Mamiya ZE-2, using an original Mamiya/Sekor E 50mm 1:2 lens, and an Osawa MC 80-205mm 1:4.5 tele/macro lens.
Both lenses for the ZE-2 have some dirt inside them, which I knew when I bought it, but I wanted to see how they would turn out, thinking it might add an interesting effect to the exposure. This was true with a few of them, but for the most part, the shots were either cloudy, under-exposed, or even un-exposed. These will, therefore, be easily singled out. I have temporarily stopped using the ZE-2, until I can get the lens cleaned (if at all possible).
I have fallen in love with the 500DTL. The lenses are clear, sharp, and the shutter and aperture are perfect. My only complaint is that the lenses are attached using a screw-mount. This makes changing lenses with speed almost impossible. But otherwise, it is nearly perfect.
Please follow the link(s) at the bottom, to see more, and – as always – please leave feedback, either here, or in the albums themselves.












































































-zh

No comments:

Post a Comment