Monday, September 5, 2011

Golden

Millions of dark-faced kings, with golden crowns, standing in ranks, as though ready for battle, stare into the endless blue sky.
Billions of tall maidens, with golden hair, in flowing green garments, dance in celebration.
Trillions of golden skinned men, with slender bodies, and long faces, sway in unison, as if moving to a whispered song.
Scattered, rough-skinned giants – decades, even centuries old – shake their once green heads, and shed their flat, now golden hairs.
Shapeless, white angels float above me, accompanying a great golden god who warms me with a smile.
An invisible, formless woman with cool fingers caresses my face, tussles my hair, whispers wordless comfort in my ear. She even pushes me, as if to keep me moving, to ensure I don't miss this golden earth.

-zh

No comments:

Post a Comment